A THREE DAY COURSE PERFECT FOR HORTICULTURE BEGINNERS OR THOSE WANTING TO START AND EXPAND THEIR PLANT AND GARDENING KNOWLEDGE
Spend a wonderful timne at One Garden Brighton, home of our Stanmer Campus, and learn from our expert Plumpton College Horticulture tutors, to learn new skills on understanding the principles and practices of growing vegetables.
This course looks at the soil, the timings, seed selection and planting for the amateur gardener.
· The best way to plan the layout of a vegetable plot
· The requirements for growing vegetables
· Crop rotation
· Varieties of vegetables to suit the size of plot
· Planning for successional planting
· Soil preparation
· Focus on soil structure and soil science
· Crop planting and protection
· Problems associated with growth and how to prevent pests and diseases
· Harvest times and methods
Our Stanmer Campus is the home of One Garden Brighton. You will be working from our specially designed teaching and workshop spaces nestled within the newly reinvented Stanmer walled garden. Visit onegardenbrighton.com to find out more.